Welcome to Hertfordshire 4×4 Response
**Hertfordshire 4×4 Response is now a registered charity!**
Hertfordshire 4×4 Response is a voluntary, not for profit, group based throughout Hertfordshire (and North London) and serves local authorities and emergency services during times of need.
The group consists of experienced 4×4 owners who enjoy being able to volunteer to help the local community.
The group and its volunteers provide a range of support methods across Hertfordshire and North London, for example:
– Transporting key workers (Paramedics, Doctors, Nurses etc) in times of severe weather such as snow, ice or flooding.
– Access to areas where the terrain requires the use of a four wheel drive vehicle.
– Assistance to the emergency services where a major incident is declared.
– Logistical support such as distribution of antivirals or other essential aid during severe weather or in an emergency.
– Support to other voluntary aid charities e.g. event support and logistics.
Our volunteers devote their personal time, expertise and experience to the group and come from many different backgrounds such as mechanics, IT managers, professional drivers and company directors. All responders receive basic training including first aid, road and weather awareness.
With members based across the whole of the county, Hertfordshire 4×4 response can respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and planned call outs which require specialist 4×4 vehicles in times of need during adverse conditions.
You do not have to own a 4×4 if you are willing to volunteer your time, there are lots of opportunities for support members to participate. Please see our ‘Join Us’ page for more information. Our responders and support members help the local communities throughout the Hertfordshire county and are ready to respond 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. If you are one of these people whom we have assisted, you appreciate what we do or just have a general query, please let us know by leaving feedback through our ‘Contact Us’ page.